The countdown is on for the new baby to be born; only 6 1/2 weeks to go.
And the NAME GAME still persists.
We can't decide.
So, Jason said the famous "we will just wait until we see what she looks like, and then decide. "
I am fine with that, but deep down inside I don't like that. I am scared I will be out of it or something and won't be thinking correctly to pick a good name. And then she will go for 2 days without a name and everyone will be giving there opinions, and then be pressured to just write one down for the certificate.
And, if you know me well at all, I would really like to have the name monogrammed on burp rags, blankets, or a onesie. :(
It is basically between 2 names.
After Jaxon came out a boy, and ever since we knew baby #3 was a girl the name has been
Maggie.
We called her that, prayed for her calling her Maggie, and Kylee was "all in" for having a Maggie.
Mainly I started not liking it because I couldn't think of a middle name to go with it (any hints would be welcome) AND I wanted the girls name to have the "ee" on the end of it like Kylee.
Spellings of Maggie I like best:
Maggee, Magee, Maggie
I tossed around all of these for a while. Then Jason all of sudden throws out a new name
Allie.
We all immediately dumped Maggie, and were "head over heels" for having a baby Allie. Kylee switched from calling her Maggie to Allie.
I liked it, and pinned the name as
Allie Kate
Spellings of Allie I like best:
Ally, Alyee, Allie
But, now as time goes on, we are kind of drawn back to Maggie.
And since a middle name was a problem, I have kind of liked
Maggie Kate
So, those are the 2 names, we are thinking about.
It still doesn't answer the problem of wanting it to have "ee" on the end, so
TIME TO VOTE:
Which do you like
Allie or Maggie?
Which spelling do you like?
I like Magee Kate.
ReplyDeleteHow about Maggee Alix- kind of after your grandaddy and you still get part of Ali and still get Maggee?
ReplyDeleteohhhhhhhhh. I LOVE the name Maggie!! I like it with the -ie. Just to be difficult for you ;)
ReplyDeleteWhat about Maggie Claire? Not that Maggie Kate isn't awesome...because it is incredibly adorable!
Either name will be perfect! You like them both...they are both precious just like your baby will be.
I like Allie Kate.
ReplyDeleteI vote for Maggie!
ReplyDeleteMaggie Kay....cus you know my middle name is Kay. I also like Maggie because it isn't a common name. But I wouldn't spell it with a ee, it looks funny...but that's just me. In the end everyone elses opinion doesn't matter.
ReplyDeleteAlso, the Kay thing was a joke lol...but it would be cool lol jk
ReplyDeleteI love both names. Super sweet. I'd go with Maggie b/c it's less common - but that's me. I think if you spell it Maggee - people will pronounce it Ma GEE. And as a mom of a child with an unusual spelled name, it's annoying to correct someone everytime they try to spell it. Kate is super cute - she could join our LOST crew.
ReplyDeleteMy vote is for Allie Kate!
ReplyDeleteBoth are precious! But, I'm a bit partial to Magee. Love the spelling too!
ReplyDeleteI would say that if you are drawn to the name then there must be a reason. Maggie (or Magee) is a very sweet name. I like it!
ReplyDeleteI aqm set on Magee Kate! I wondered why Kylee called the baby Allie the other day at church.
ReplyDeleteAllie is my vote!!
ReplyDelete