Tuesday, August 25, 2009

bloom

Our crate myrtle in the front is blooming.....not because we have a green thumb....in fact, it is quite the opposite. You see, I one day want to have a beautiful yard, but for now, I have to settle with buying ALOT of really pretty blooming plants, and then bring them home, and Jason has to get on to me for not watering them. Anyways, somehow we have managed to keep most of the plants that we started with this summer ALIVE.






Sitting outside the other morning looking at this tree, made me think of that saying, "bloom where you are planted." Life is not always just peachy, in fact, it can be quite the opposite at times. It seems there is always something/someone to worry about. Bro. Bob's last sermon on Sunday, was about contentment, and it really challenged me to be exactly that...to be content.
Sometimes I catch myself saying, "If Kylee was older we could do this....", or "If I was still teaching, oh that would be fun....." or "Wouldn't it be to nice to have that beautiful yard, like our neighbors up the road.....", or "go on an fancy vacation every summer".
Why can't I just be happy and CONTENT with were we are in our life right now....Be content with Kylee and enjoy her age right NOW instead of wishing for something else.....Be content with staying home.....Be content with were we live and the things we are blessed with!!

So there you have it, I choose to be content!! I wish it were that easy, but I am working on it. :)

2 comments:

  1. I struggle with being content at times too. Our pastor preached on contentment not too long ago as well. Two things that clearly stuck out in my mind are:

    1. There is no joy in always wanting MORE.
    2.Contentment comes through trusting the Lord. He will provide-Enjoy the riches He blesses you with!

    Thanks for this post- Good thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post!! Don't we all feel like that sometimes!! I catch myself praying for January to come sooner so i can see this baby boy ... but then i think, I am in the last few months of our relationship where it is just Bryan and i!! Me too, I choose to be content with where i am!! :)

    ReplyDelete