Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Jaxon's Story

I guess everyone has a "birth" story, and little Jaxon, actually we have been calling him "Big Cat" for some weird reason.

Anyways, Jaxon has a story to tell as well!!

Friday night went out with Jason, Kylee, and Josh (Jason's brother). Did our usual thing. Ate at Cheddars and then went and walked around Academy, and then got blizzards from Dairy Queen.
I had talked about how I felt the tightening in my low stomach all week, well actually on Friday, I didn't feel any of that, and actually laughed to Brianne and told her "I was closing back up!!" :)
Saturday morning at about 3:30am I woke up and was having the "real" deal contractions. And they do feel like really bad menstrual cramps. So I got up and went to the recliner and slept there for a little while, still coming pretty regularly.

I decided to try to go back to bed and watch the clock and time them. At 5:40am, they were about every 5-6 minutes. Got back up and decided to go look for my paper from the Dr's office that talked about contractions. It said to come in when contractions are every 5 minutes apart or less.
Still I was thinking 2 things:

I don't want them to send me home if I do go up there

and

I don't want to lay in a bed for 10 hours while I could contract at home for a little while

Decided to take a bath, since my water hadn't broken, and then at about 6:20am I went outside and sat in a chair with a water bottle and my cell phone. The sun was coming up and I was kind having a quiet time with God in between contractions. I know that sounds "corny" but I was just amazed at His awesomeness!!

At about 6:40am, I tell Jason maybe get your clothes on so you are ready, in case I need to go. I still was thinking I would just try to labor at home until around 8AM!!
At 7am, we headed to the hospital. All this time my parents were headed to Lubbock for my cousin's graduation from Tech. They were about 5 minutes on the other side of Snyder when I called and they decided to turn around.

At 7:25am, I looked up and I was in a bed waiting on a nurse to come in and monitor contractions and check me. I was in SO MUCH PAIN!! With Kylee, I had never experienced real contractions. It hurts so BAD!! I think I would have justed died in the "Olden" Days, or heck, even the women who do it now naturally, they are awesome!! But, I wanted that epidural, and I wanted it fast!! Poor nurses and Jason, I think I probably asked them about 100 times, literally, in a 30 minute span, if he was coming. They just kept saying "He's on his way!!" :)
When the nurse came in, she started monitoring the contractions, and then check me, and said "Oh girl, you are an 8!!!" I just started bawling. She said "Okay, things are going to move rather fast from here."

Her and Jason moved me to the delivery room, and they called the doctor and the epidural guy!!
Brianne came in around 8am, and the epidural guy came right after. Oh, how I was happy to see him!! Brianne and Jason sat on the couch while I got the epidural, and within minutes I was a "happy girl"!! :) Or a least a girl alot more fun to be around!!

In the meantime, my parents were frantically trying to get back in time for the delivery.
The doctor came in around 8:30, I think..... He checked and said we were ready to start pushing, but the nurse knew my mom was trying to make it, so she nicely said "I think her mom is nearly here, can we wait on her?" And he said yes, as long as the baby wasn't in distress.
So, he went and sat out of the room, and just in that time my mom and Dad came around the corner!!

The doctor said, "I think you are the one we are waiting on!!" Then he said, okay let's start pushing, and me and dad waved at each other, and he headed the other direction after he heard that!! :)

And at 8:57am, Jaxon was born with a head full of black hair!!
Weight: 7 lbs. 0.6 oz
Height: 19 inches

They cleaned him up, and we all have been "oohing and aahing" ever since!!
Proud Daddy



Meeting Sister






Patiently Waiting to be Discharged from the Hosptial!!


We came home on Monday, and are enjoying every minute with our little guy! He is doing great; eating about every 2 1/2 to 3 hours and a little longer during the night. Both nights home have been pretty good!!
Thanks to all of you for the phone calls, meals, and kind words on facebook!!

4 comments:

  1. oh I just love this story! I prayed for you all morning that day! So neat how God works that out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That morning I woke up around 8ish not knowing anything, thinking about you. I was hoping you would have Jaxon that day. While I went back to sleep, you were having your precious baby boy! I can't wait to meet him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm crying! Praise God for your healthy baby boy! So glad your mom got to be there!! Congrats!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was beautiful Shyanne! So glad he is here to join your wonderful family!

    ReplyDelete