Saturday, March 7, 2009

My TOP Memories

I really wanted to do this a while back, so I would have them down for the record. So here goes.

In our Experiencing God Bible Study, we learned about identifing "Spiritual Markers" in our lives. What is a spiritual marker? Each time you have encountered God's call or directions for your life, you mentally build a spiritual marker at that point.

Anyways, here is my list. Most of them are spiritual markers for me, but some are just GREAT memories.

1. Accepting God's call on my life when I was 8 years old at VBC. At that point in my life, I didn't know all these big terms, or even every story of the Bible, but as I sat in church that night, I just came to the realization that I needed to accept Christ as my Savior. I called on Him, and HE saved me. I remember it like it was yesterday.

2. Going to Lake Buchanan every summer with some really great friends from church. One summer Travis and Clay went with us. So the girls outnumbered the boys 4 to 2. We were making these beaded necklaces and anklets (we didn't really ask the boys if they wanted to). One of us girls accidentally spilt the beads on the carpet, and we made Travis pick them up. SORRY Travis!! We were so mean, but I guess we were teaching you how to live with a GIRL!!!! Far more to many great memories from Lake Buchanan, Poppy's Point, to mention.

3. Riding to the school with Brianne in her black Jeep, singing songs before our basketball games every week.

4. Playing at the State Basketball Tourn my Junior Year.

5. Homecoming my Senior Year.

6. My sophomore year of college I joined Phi Lamb. That was by far the best thing that could have happened to me at that point in my life. God gave me some of my best friends at this point, and many more girls that I will always remember. He allowed me to be Chaplain my senior year. As outspoken as I am, I still don't believe I am the best speaker out there, but amongst many fears God was able to use me there. What a blessing Phi Lamb was to me. I love all you girls!!

7. How Jason and I started dating. It was absolutely a God thing. There is no other explanation for a farmer boy that never left the house to meet a girl. So yes, it was a God thing.

8. Phi Lamb STOMP competitions at ASU. We won 2 years in a row!! YEAH!!!!

9. January of 2006, the Texas Longhorns had just won the National Championships, and Jason and I were snow skiing in Purgatory, Coloardo with several other friends. In the cabin, Jason got down on his knee and asked me to marry him. I said Yes.

10. Our wedding, June 24, 2006. I married a man I really never thought I would, but as the months went on God revealed to me that this was the man that I could NEVER live without. He made me complete. I learned that God shows us how to love each other. We love because He first loved us. On our wedding day, everyone said they never saw to people smile so much!! We were happy and in love.

11. Finding out we were pregnant!!

12. The doctor handing Kylee to me for the first time. Holding her. And telling her how much I loved her. And waited for her to be with us. God is good.

4 comments:

  1. Good to learn a little more about you. Feel free to add us to your list. I'll do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That made me cry!

    It was SO nice seeing all of y'all today! I didn't realize just how much I missed you all...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe I can share in those STOMP memories! Thankful to have met you through Phi Lamb! :)

    ReplyDelete