Thursday, May 7, 2015

Letting Them Go

We got invited to go to a birthday party at Mr. Gatti's a few weeks ago. The kids were OVER THE TOP excited! :) Maggie just followed in line with all the big kids! She's so cute!

Kylee's first time on the Bumper Cars! I remember playing on these same bumper cars at Project Graduation my senior year! Good times! They don't go very fast, but she didn't know that! 


Then, she got invited to go home after school with a friend in her class, to play for a little while at her house. BREAK MY HEART! Y'all, I don't know what it is……  I was kind of nervous all day that day, just wondering about her after school, and her making it ok without me.  

I want her to NEED ME! :( And she still does, but less and less….. It's sad. And a happy feeling at the same time. Parenting is hard; so many emotions involved. Jason tells me many times, "let her go on, and live her life." 

GASP! What!?! She's only 6, not 16!! But, I think the process is starting, of her learning responsibility and trust, getting to do things without us….. 



Anyways, they painted birdhouses while at the friends' house, but didn't quite finish them, so on Saturday morning, she let everyone help her finish! I love how Jason displayed it right in front of the house. She is proud of it, and she said, "Daddy made a little front porch for it!"

3 comments: