Saturday, March 30, 2013

The Cross


Came across this verse the other day, and it struck me....

1 Corinthians 11:23-24 
"For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you: that the Lord Jesus on the same night in which He was betrayed took bread; and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, “Take, eat;this is My body which is broken for YOU."

I know I've read it before, but this time it hit me.  His body was broken for me..... 

We celebrate Easter because of Him.

We have life because of Him.

We have hope because of Him.

He went to the cross on that dreadful Friday, endured more than we can imagine, gave himself up, and died. 

For You. For me.

It hit me hard; my sinful self, and he did it for me. Why?

On that glorious morning, He arose.  The sacrifice was accepted.  My sins have been paid in full.  

For You. For me. 

Humbled and thankful this Easter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment