Thursday, January 24, 2013

Always my Baby

She started as a baby.


The baby days seem to go by really fast because they grow and develop so quickly, and at some point in a babies life, they go from being a baby to a toddler.


They seem to say at this phase a little longer, even a couple of years perhaps. Learning, exploring, and getting into trouble. And then, at some point in a toddler's life, they go from being a toddler to a kid. 


And then, time goes on more, and they get bigger, and act more grown up, and make their mama's cry.  They use big words and talk like adults talk with hand gestures and all. They don't laugh at little kid things anymore. They want to hang out with the older kids. 
Yes, they even grow up more and become BIG kids.

When did my baby get to be so big?


Jason tells her sternly, "you better stop getting so big!!".  My dad tells her "I'm goin' put a brick on your head!!".  And I constantly smother her in kisses and tell her "that you'll always be my baby!!" 

And when you graduate, I'll still smother you in kisses, and cling to your heels and beg you to stay home with me a little longer. 

Lord, help me to remember these days.

1 comment:

  1. And she still is as cute as can be. I think daddy better worry more about keeping a shotgun around to keep away all the boys than putting a brick on her head.

    ReplyDelete