Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Look Who Got Their Ears Pierced

Before Maggie was born, Kylee started asking about getting her ears pierced. Well, on Monday she saw a pair of earrings, and kept asking Jason if she could get her ears pierced, like Emma and Addi. We warned her that it was going to hurt a little bit, but then it would be over. She didn't blink about the idea of it hurting, and just kept saying she wanted to get them pierced. 

So, it worked out that Jason had to go to a dr. appt (with his knee again) on Wednesday morning, and we decided we could just meet up at the mall and all be there to get her ears pierced. 

So, that's what we did.  She was beyond excited!!


Starting to get nervous... 


Looking on!! :)


They did the first one, and she got the biggest tears in her eyes, and the biggest frowny face, but no crying, YET!! I started thinking she wasn't going to want to do the 2nd one.  But, she sat there, and after the 2nd one, she let out the biggest crying scream.  Oh, so much drama!! But, they handed her the sucker, and she finally quite crying. 



We ate at Chick-Fil-A, and she still was pretty mopey, but finally perked up, when we started to leave!!


She really loves them now!! 

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shyanne

    I was searching for my GF's blog and came across your interesting one about with a great story about your ODD, Kylee, getting her ears pierced.

    When I read it, it reminded me of a situation with both our girls, one aged 4 and the other 6 mos. When our ODD wanted her ears pierced, we agreed and she did great except for a few tears as expected. What I didn't anticipate happened next.

    Our oldest Missy, wanted to know why her baby sister couldn't have earrings too. I tried to explain to her she wasn't old enough until her baby girl cousin, aged 2 mos showed up for a visit with cute little gold balls in each ear! Again, she wanted to know why her baby cousin had earrings and her
    sister didn't. Those darn cousins and their peer pressure :)

    My SIL said it was something she had wanted to do before birth and her dd did very well and they were easy to care for. I was unsure about doing our baby girl, but her sister wanted it done and soon dh was asking why I didn't go ahead and have it done so BOTH girls could wear matching earrings ;)

    I asked our ped about having our YDD's ears pierced. She said, it have become more popular to pierce newborns, infants and little girls ears because is safer with the newer ear piercing instruments than the traditional methods of using a needle, thread by the mother or grandmother. I was surprised what happened next. She encouraged me to go ahead and pierce our YDD's ears since after showing me a picture of her 8 mo dd with little pearl earrings!

    I was astonished at her response since I hadn't expected her to be so positive about having the baby's ears pierced. Told her I would think about it and as I left she said the best time to do them was when mommy could easily care for them which was when they were newborn/infants. When mommy cared for them, there was never any problems during unlike older little girls who wanted them done, but sometimes failed to care for them properly.

    I was still uncertain until she gave me some suggestions for moms having their dd's ears pierced. I put them away and thought it would be years before I needed to read them. Dh and older sis were quiet on the subject. I thought I had made my mind up to wait till she was older. Wrong. I started seeing
    other little babies including two in my playgroup with earrings. I finally realized how sweet our little baby girl would look with cute earrings and yielded to pressure from my 4 yr and dh.

    Shyanne, I don't know if you'd considered having your younger dd's ears pierced now, but after I did, my ODD was so proud her sister had earrings. It was so much easier than my ODD having it done. She was clueless, cried for 10 seconds. Needless, both girls looked adorable in their pics with little pierced ears and never had problems.

    If you've even remotely thought about it, then I'd say your mommy intuition is telling now is better and I'd got ahead and have your YDD's ears pierced now. Promise both girls will look adorable with matching earrings :)

    If you or any other moms would like our ped's tips, then write me an e-mail.

    Amy

    amyswor@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet! :) She looks so cute with her new bling!

    ReplyDelete