Monday, April 16, 2012

Checkin' the Field

Did you ever do the "shadow your parents at their work for one day while you were in school thing?"

I never did that probably because my mom taught at the same school, but Kylee and Jaxon LOVE going anywhere with Jason. 

And ESPECIALLY to "work". 





 We all tagged along to check the field the other night to see if the maze that he had planted had come up yet. 





It had; and it sure looked pretty in the sunset. 



Everything with dad is so fun. I was the same way growing up. Heck, even now I still love talking to Dad about his plans for the cows and hay and farming. It's fun.  When I was pregnant with Kylee, I had quit teaching in May, and she was not born until September.  Over the summer I kept myself busy, but at the end of August, and everyone went back to school, I was SO BORED for an entire month until Kylee was born, so I would ride around with my Daddy.  We would go to Eola, Bronte, and Tennyson, and check all the cows.  It was nothing special, but it sure helped the time pass. 

Last Thursday, Kylee and Jaxon got to ride on the tractor with Jason while he plowed.  They had been begging for a few days.  Oh, they had so much fun.  That night I asked Kylee, what her favorite thing she did today was, and she said "Plowing with Daddy."

We also enjoy checking on the garden.  

Corn


Onions


Different Peppers


Squash (I think.)


 And there is cantoloupe, watermelon, and cucumbers.  But the bugs have been eating the watermelon.  We need to go talk to Tommy Olive. :)

1 comment: