The guys have been doing lots of digging lately. And all the efforts have paid off, and in the farthest corner of the field, the farthest away from our house, they dug and hit a really good water well. Should be enough to pipe to all 3 houses for watering the yard, and possibly a bigger and better garden than what we've had in the past. What a blessing!!
I don't really understand all this stuff, but the pump is on the right, and the most it could pump out was 20 gallons/minute. This morning we went and watched them "pull" this pump out to put a bigger pump in it sometime in the next few days. The other days the kids found some great big sticks to use as fishing poles. They hung them in the water, and "caught lots of fish."
So, the well does no good sitting out in the middle of no where; they will have to dig a ditch line all the way through the field and lay the pipe, so we can start getting water to our house.
After searching on the internet and calling a few places the guys ventured off to the Austin area yesterday, and bought an old ditch digger.
I think it'll do the job real nice, and the guys are in love with it. I mentioned that we could probably put it on ebay after there done and re-sale it, and I got a bunch of bad looks. I think it's going to be hanging around for sometime.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Maggie is so cute!!! Excited for you about the well. What can you grow in a garden here? Don't laught but I've really been thinking about doing a small one - you know the kind in a box? Just not sure what's easy to keep alive!
ReplyDelete