The guys decided in between maze harvesting and cotton harvesting that they should build a big barn for the strippers, tractors, and sprayer to fit under. It's really not a barn because it will not have sides, but I don't know what to call it, or maybe there are several things to call it, and I just don't know which one to use, shed, overhang or barn. :)
So, that is what they did.
Amazes me.
First, they dug 14 holes that were 4 feet deep in pretty much rocky ground. It was hard work, but in a few days they were done.
Then, they put the arch on the top by welding the metal together. (I'm sure this is not the correct order of events, but you get the picture.)
And, it is tall enough for the strippers to fit under that's a good sign you didn't measure wrong anywhere. Not like they ever do, just sayin.
The last step was to put the tin roof on.
They actually were a lot safer than they looked up there. Although at times, I was worried for Jason, but they just moved the strippers along and used them as a way to get up and down, and then they made a safety landing out of some wood attached to the old cotton trailer.
The whole thing is done, and has been for a while. Now, I think they might build something next to it.




No comments:
Post a Comment