I will say, it was a difficult time getting Jason to dress nice for this.
I ended up having to buy 2 pairs of pants in different sizes, so he would have his "options" last Sunday morning, and I could return the other ones. I also went around town and bought about 5 different ties and brought them home to see which matched his shirt best. And I have now returned all of those. :)
I even made him take some pictures before we left the house because I knew he wouldn't take any once we got to church.
What made Jason get dressed up?
This past Sunday he was ordained as a deacon in our church. Him and another very good family friend, Mitchel Beasley, were both ordained at the same time. Our church voted back in the early summer I believe on bringing these two before the church.
What his certificate read:
having been chosen one "of good report, full of the Spirit and of wisdom," and capable of using the office well, was set apart publicly to the office and work of Deacon
It was a great day.
It was a great day.

Bro. Bob signing the paper.

Bro. Bob doing the charge for Jason.


Bro. Chad praying.

I'm sure both were happy it was over!! They both gave their testomonies in front of the church. I should have helped him prepare a little bit, but he did great. He made me laugh, and I cried. :)
Daddy presenting the certificate and Bible.


Kissing Kylee after it was over
Reception

And back to this picture. Seriously, could you smile a little bit?? It looks more like you are ready to FIGHT someone than going to be ordained!! 
Hopefully our Christmas pictures turn out better!!

And back to this picture. Seriously, could you smile a little bit?? It looks more like you are ready to FIGHT someone than going to be ordained!!
He really did have a black eye from working the other day; I don't know if you can tell or not in the picture.
And look at his fist........Seriously, what am I going to do with him!!
Hopefully our Christmas pictures turn out better!!




He looks so thrilled! I hope it's just the tie that's upsetting him & not the camera. Don't make him wear a tie for your Christmas pictures. Haha!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Family!! I'm jealous of all 4 of you & your year round tans!! :)
ReplyDeleteAnd Blake is the EXACT same way in pictures---He always looks so happy-ha!!
awesome!! And I love your dress!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! That is exciting!
ReplyDeletethats great!! you are a proud wife...as you should be. :)
ReplyDeletewhere do y'all go to church? seems like i should know this.
Yay! That's so awesome for Jason! Congrats!
ReplyDelete