Friday, November 5, 2010

Just Been One of Those Weeks

So, to get you back on track, here's what's been going on with my sweet, little, Kylee bird.
Last Thursday, she woke up in the night, and threw up 4 times, and then started having diarrhea. After her nap that day, she was acting normal. Thinking she was over it.
Acts normal all day Friday....
On Saturday, she woke up in the night and threw up 1 time. We got a TRY to take Christmas pictures will all 5 cousins, and she throws up again while we are there. Pretty much ruins the Christmas pictures, and we don't get anything accomplished that we needed to. :( Again, after her nap, feels and acts pretty normal.
Acts normal all day Sunday.... (Which is Halloween)
Throws up again in the early hours of Monday morning!! I started crying because I just don't know what is going on. Call the Dr. offices they give us the pretty restricted diet to follow for 2 days, and by Wednesday Kylee was acting normal again.....
so we thought.
She threw up again this morning (Friday). I call the Dr. promptly at 8, and we get an appt for 9:15. I wasn't going to take her in even, but it eases my mind so much to hear what the Dr. has to say.
I love our dr. so much because he did exactly that. He makes it seem so simple and understandable. He said she has gastrointestinitis, which is an inflammation of the stomach and intestines. So certain foods are causing it to not settle well making her throw it up.
So for 2 WEEKS we have to kind of watch what we eat. Only clear liquids, NO DAIRY, and mostly bland foods.
Praise the Lord we know what it is, and hopefully, we can control it now!!
Oh, and to add to the bad week already. I shut the car door on Kylee's hand the other day, and it hurt her pretty good. I wanted to cry too. And then she was trying to open the playroom door, and I came up behind her and opened it for her, and she was leaning against, and feel into the door jam. She has big bruise on her cheek. :(
Hope you have a great weekend; we will enjoy our time together!!

4 comments:

  1. Goodness!! I hope this will help her. Poor girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's gotta be rough for her and for momma. I like you're new blog background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaww. So sorry that Kylie isn't feeling well. We will be praying that all of it will clear up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. rough week! hope they get it all figured out! so thankful kiddos are so tough!

    ReplyDelete