Thursday, November 12, 2009

2 People for Day 2

Today I am thankful for two people I call Mama and Daddy....

I thought today was a good day to be thankful for them because it is my dad's birthday, and how can I possibly think about Dad and not about Mom; they go TOGETHER; always have, always will!!




They have influenced my life more than anyone in the world. That's kind of obvious since they are parents and all, but seriously, they could have influenced me in a bad way, but they *chose to raise us in a Godly home. And for that I am ever grateful.


*Joshua 24:15 "And if it seems evil to you to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.”


They taught me to love the Lord, to be grateful that I had a sister (someone to play with), to be grateful that I had a bed to sleep in, and my OWN room, to enjoy the blessings I have and not wanting more, to honor them as mom and dad, to go to church, to work hard on whatever it is, to love to learn new things, and to find enjoyment in being able to help others.


And now more than ever I am thankful for the lessons they taught, for now I have a very important someone to teach the same lessons too!! What a great thing!!


Happy Birthday Daddy!!

1 comment: