Thursday, June 5, 2008

Week 23 Update

I went to the doctor today. We were in and out of there in 15 minutes; I told Jason that is a huge blessing that we have a healthy, growing baby and nothing is wrong. I weighed in; gained 6 POUNDS this month. I was kind of worried about it, but the nurse said that's good. And the doctor made no comment about it. I'm sure though that I do not need to do that every appointment from now to the end. EEK!! He put the monitor on my stomach to listen to the heartbeat and right away it was pounding strong and fast. And that was about it. I come in on July 9th, and we get to do the 3D sonogram. I am really excited about that, and to make sure it is still a girl. :) But I have to drink the dreadful stuff to check for gestational diabetes and have blood work done. Yuck!!! How bad is the drink stuff? Anybody know? And we have narrowed the name search done to 2 names. I am so worried about telling anybody though because there are 2 girls babies from Wall being born before us, and I don't want them to use it.

10 comments:

  1. So cool. Pregnancy is the best, and these memories are ones you will always remember.

    The "drink" isn't sooo bad. I always got the orange one and it tasted like a sweet Orange Crush. Really not bad at all. The bloodwork on the other hand...hehehe who likes needles right?!

    I am glad you guys have narrowed it down. Two names is good. Manageable. You can always add them together if you can't come to agreement :) And if I remember correctly, haven't you had two names stolen from you already?!! hehehe Maybe you should stake your claim and say "these are MINE" :) good luck with that!

    Have you found a crib yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My drink was orange, and it wasn't bad at all...And the blood work wasn't horrible either...No worries:)


    Glad things are going well! What is your due date?

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all if thats what you want to name your baby name it what you want anyway.

    Second Stephanie is a liar hahaha. The drink is grosso. I had the orange one, the similarities to orange crush disappear quickly. It's not gag you bad, but its bad enough. The first part of it goes ok, but half way its like its never going away.

    Amanda berrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think the orange stuff is too bad. If they let you take it home though, you can put it in the fridge and drink it cold. It is much better cold. And blood work it just blood work. Doesn't really hurt at all. You are tuff!!!...Glad the baby is healthy! We are excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHHH! I love being pregnant! It's such a special time and such a blessed feeling to know that you have something in you that for 9 months is just yours and Gods and that God has put you in charge of something so special to him!! So Awesome!!!!
    I wouldn't tell anyone your names and the drink stuff really isn't that bad! I remember it being way worse with Cambry than it was with the other two!
    Lots of love and luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that you should just tell everybody but the Wall people what the 2 names are..say like your best friends who are all the way up here in Dallas? I'd never tell and well, we know Jacque would forget them as soon as she heard them! Hahah..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, do tell us the names! I won't tell anyone! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah! 23 week and counting! I can't wait to meet this sweet baby girl! Yes, Jill is home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The drink wasn't that bad...I think I had the lime one. I agree with Amanda on the name.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The trick to the yummy drink is to drink it cold and fast. Hold your nose too, it helped me. I had the green one, which wasnt awful, just really sweet.

    ReplyDelete