Thursday, May 16, 2013

Oh, my dear Maggie!

Maggie has been acting so bad lately.  I don't know if I have forgotten, but I don't particularly remember this age being so hard.  She just turned 14 months, and is so stubborn and strong willed. 

It's just been Maggie and I in town lately; since our MOPS, library, and CBS classes are over the big kids just rather stay with Jason then come to town with boring 'ole mom. And truth be told, they would rather stay with him year round, and never come to town or do their classes. Maybe I should let them, but then they would be hermits and never come out. Which kind of does run in the Holik family!!


I don't know what the deal is with Maggie. She is very vocal about how her feelings have been hurt. Like this morning we were outside, and I told her "no" about putting her hands in dirty water, and then putting them in her mouth.  She was so distraught, and crying, she would just look at me, and then literally cross her arms, and turn around and walk off crying.  It's kind of funny, but really it's not. :)  

She is really the worst one I have had about sitting down in the grocery cart or staying strapped into a stroller. Just screams, and arches her back, and cries about it.  My arm nearly fell off in town yesterday because I had to hold her the entire time, at every store. Then at lunch, she threw such a fit, I think she broke my elbow. Not really, but you know the feeling when you are so exhausted just from wrangling with the kids.

I am probably revealing to you, my bad parenting, but we are working on it, and I think the main thing is obviously not giving into what she wants, and let her throw the fit because she does get over it; it just takes a good 5-6 minutes. 

She's had some tummy issues, and she usually doesn't take a morning nap, so maybe both those things are playing a role in her bad behavior. But, that really can't be my excuse. 

Other than all that, she is growing like a weed.  She understands so much that we say to her.  She has learned some new words that she mumbles out, for banana and more.  And she says other words really plan. 

She loves to play fetch with a ball, swinging with the big kids, getting on the top bed with the big kids, and she loves sitting in the bath tub without her seat. 

And, look how long her legs look in that carseat!!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds so familiar! Two words...third born. :)

    I let you know how long it's gonna last. If it ever ends!!

    ReplyDelete