Who knew I was going to learn a life lesson from Kylee's new bed?
Many of you saw the picture on facebook with her and her Daddy and the new bed.
Them two, I tell ya. They can come up with some interesting stuff. So here's the story of Kylee and how she really got a new bed.
I happen to be gone to Eden one night, and Jason had the kids. From what I heard when I got back this is what happened. Kylee was looking through a pottery barn magazine, and pointed at this bed, and said "I want that." Jason immediately said, "I can make that." Thinking she would forget about it, and that would make her quit talking about it.
It did quite the opposite. She tore the page out of the magazine went to bed with it that night, ate breakfast with it the next morning, and told both sets of grandparents over the next 2 days, that "my Daddy is going to make me this bed."
I don't know if it was at this point or when she said "Daddy you need to go to Lowe's to buy the wood for my bed" that Jason realized she wasn't going to forget. :)
Insert Mama into the picture. I had big dreams of her new bedding. You know the ruffled, pretty, bedding I showed you. I knew that was down the drain because basically you won't see any of the pretty bedding from this kind of bed; the sides just block all of it. I encouraged a different type of loft bed. One where the sides weren't so tall and the roof wasn't so close to the ceiling. I don't even like loft beds to begin with. And after I complained and mumbled under my breath for 4 days. Jason replied back "It's not about you."
He's right. So, I got over it. Slowly.
She loves it; she asked to eat supper in it the first night! Notice her little laptop and stool underneath. She likes playing down there. It really is sweet.
The bond between them is I'm sure what any good father and daughter relationship is. But it's so sweet to see how much she loves her Daddy; the way she looks at him and always asks for a 'hug and a kiss' before he leaves the house going somewhere.
She will always be able to look back on these sweet memories of having this bed, and be thankful for her Daddy!
super cute!
ReplyDeleteThat is aswesome!! I almost bought the boy version from Pottery Barn for Remi!
ReplyDeleteIt's awesome! Jason has some talent, and I love your comment about her remembering this...y'all are great parents!
ReplyDelete