Thursday, March 15, 2012

One Week Old

Maggie is ONE week old today!! She has been a great baby.  She cried really loud and alot when she came out, but really since then, she hardly has cried.  Jason keeps saying "third times a charm" and "she's our good baby"!!  I keep telling him, that she will go through crying phases just so he is not surprised, but I do agree that her temperament is a lot different from Kylee and Jaxon.  She doesn't seem to get upset with them being loud or making noises.  She has been able to sooth herself and be content just laying on a blanket.  She has been eating every 4 hours even from the very 1st feeding, and has gone one 5 hour stretch nearly every night.  

I ventured to town this morning by myself, but I only had 2 kids for most of the time.  Kylee went with Addi, Karter, and Paw-Paw to Producers, the cattle sale barn.  They love going, and Jaxon cried and wanted to stay too!! 

I went to Hobby Lobby and Walmart.  Just 2 places, and with just 2 kids, and I am worn out!! :)  While at Walmart, I knew it was shortly past 11am, and remembered that she was born at 11:22, and I thought wouldn't that be funny if I looked, and it was 11:22.  So I checked my phone, just wanting to know what time it was, and whether or not, she was a week old, and the time was EXACTLY 11:22AM!! God has a since of humor!! So Jaxon and I told her and clapped for her, that she was a week old!! Good times!!

Here's our week in pictures!!












ONE WEEK OLD


The biggest shocker to me has been Kylee and Jaxon.  They totally have reacted the opposite of what I thought they would.  Jaxon is 19 months has not cared one thing about her, nor does he even really know she is here.  Which is a really GOOD thing, seeing as he is kind of rough and wild.  

Kylee, on the other hand, at 3 1/2 is OVERLY obsessed!!! She is Little Miss Mama!! She wants to bring her toys, outfits, socks, 3 bibs at one time, and so on.  She is a good little helper, but she has had the biggest adjustment so far.  She wants attention not Maggie, and seems to act up to get that attention.  But, things are already better in that area, and she seems to be doing okay. 

5 comments:

  1. SHe is so cute!!! I am impressed that she is already sleeping 5 hours! What a blessing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a doll, shyanne! Can't get over all that hair!

    I think it's God's grace that the third time is a charm cause we couldn't survive any other way:)

    ReplyDelete