We arrived a little before 5am at the hospital. On the way, we nonchalantly talked about her name, but nothing was settled. We smiled at each other, and talked about who she was going to look like.
We walked in through the ER and past the SNACK Machine, and Jason jokingly asked if I wanted something. :)
He laid on the couch while, they asked me a 'bazillion' questions. After an hour of that, Jason was kind of getting bored, and he said "this all was a lot easier with Jaxon." Referring to the roughly hour and a half delivery, which was really nice.
When they hooked me up to the contraction monitor, I was having contractions every 5 minutes. WHAT?? Contractions confuse me; after having 3 children, I still don't think I understand them. Anyways, I told Jason I was basically in labor already, since they were 5 minutes apart.
At 6, they stared pitocin; I was a 3. We briefly discussed names again; I was throwing out names that we had not even mentioned yet. Still nothing settled. At 7:30, dr came and broke my water. At 8:30, I got an epidural. At around 10, I was a 7; Brianne came immediately; Jason went and moved the car and called his parents. :) A little later, I was feeling lots of pressure. Called the Nurse, I was a 10. She thought I might have to push before the dr came, but decided no, it was go time. She went to call the dr, but he was already there.
Baby Nurse asked for her name to label the card, still no name.
I pushed 3 times, and she was here. Dr. asked Jason if he wanted to cut the cord for the third time, still no. :)
I just kept asking if she was okay; Jason never talks, so mom kept saying she was fine, and had lots of hair.
She was here at 11:22am, and Brianne started taking pictures immediately. Yeah!!
She cried good and loud, and my dad could hear her right down the hallway.
This is what I have waited for for 9 months, and she was here and healthy. Thank you Jesus!!
When I look at this picture, I think "that is alot of people around one hospital bed." :)
We had several visitors come by, and flowers delivered too. It was a GREAT DAY!
What an adorable little family you have!!!
ReplyDeleteAWWWWWW. SO SWEET!! And how did her name come about?? Love her name btw...
ReplyDeleteLOVE IT!! I finally got a chance to read this. I still look around at our family and think, that's a lot of people!
ReplyDelete