Monday, December 6, 2010

I'm a Big Kid Now!!

Look Who's wearing big girl panties!!
And she's not proud of them at all. Nope!!
So, we are potty training I guess.

I confess I am probably a bad mom on this, but with my neice Addi, Brianne started around 2 trying to take her to the potty and realing forcing the potty training on her, and even thought she was pottyed trained, and then like 3 weeks later, she wasn't and was going potty anywhere but the toliet, and finally a few months before she was 3, she was "officially" potty trained. So, I didn't even want to start it yet, and Dr. P, said if I didn't want to worry about it until the spring with her when Kylee is 2 1/2, then not to try, since we have baby jaxon now.
Anyways, so in all honesty, I am really not the one that even got her interested in going, in fact, I was the opposite. I didn't want to start in October, and then maybe by August still fighting the potty training thing. I wanted to just start in March, and then by August be done.
Anyways, Jason kind of got her interested in it. But 2 things have really helped her:
1. When she was throwing and had diarrhea a month ago, she would sit on the potty to go to the bathroom about once a day. Just because we were going through so many diapers. I think she got tired of changing diapers.
2. Seeing Addi and Karter go to the potty, is probably the #1 thing that helps her. If they are doing it, well, she wants to do it.
So, here we are. We are potty training.
Nearly, every morning she goes in the potty. And this morning, she was playing and said "I need go potty." And we ran in there and to my surprise, she te-te. Which is not what she usually does!!
So yeah!! She loves wearing the Dora panties too!!

7 comments:

  1. I hope it goes well for you. I HATE potty training. Both of mine took until they were almost 3 no matter how early I started. I'm waiting until Ben is 3 to even start. Would rather change a diaper than scrub the carpet. But I know girls are different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to read this. We're starting with Kenzie on Sat! You should send me tips!

    ReplyDelete