Thursday, September 18, 2008

Inducing???

Hello!!! Went to the doctor today, and I was still only dilated to a 3, thinning, and about 70% effaced. I think; I for some reason lose my mind when I go in there. I think because I get nervous. Well, he said according to the Bishop Score that I had a favorable cervix, so he wants to induce next Thursday, September 25th.  I really don't know; I kind of thought I would like to have her on my own. What do y'all know about inducing? How did it go? I really just wish my water would break, or start having contractions, so I didn't have to be induced, but it looks like we will probably induce if I haven't had her before then. But other than that everything was good, and maybe within a week we will have little Kylee with us.  

Tomorrow I will post pictures of the nursery!! We still haven't bought a computer for our house since the last one crashed. 

6 comments:

  1. I didn't get to go through with an induction, but I'm with you, I'd rather go into labor on my own. They say that 50% of induction end in a c section, but I dont' know how accurate that is. Most doctors won't induce until you're at least a week overdue, so if you feel strongly about it, tell him you'd like to wait until then. If you're already a 3, I would think that you're body is getting ready, just not quite there yet. But that's just what I think...the most important thing is the two of you being completely healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELL...I got induced and it didnt get me anywhere, I went in a 1 and almost got to 1 1/2 after 6 hours of patocin . Then Maddies heart rate dropped because the contractions were so hard it was squeezing her and her cord was also wrapped around her neck. So we just did the c-section, but I agree with Amy, if you are already a 3 then surely it will come on its own pretty soon. But also since you are already progressing maybe the induction will work better for you than me. The only negative about it is that when you get induced the labor pains are much stronger than natural labor pains. I dont guess it matters if you plan on getting an epidural though. My doctor also waited until I was a week past my due date before he would even consider inducing .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was supposed to be induced a week before my actual due date...I went in for my last doctor's appointment the day before the induction, and was dilated to a 4, 80 percent effaced, and having contractions (Basically going into labor on my own.) They put me on a low dose of pitocin just to help things move along, and my labor progressed really quickly...They never had to increase my dosage of pitocin, and I dilated from a 4 to a 10 fairly fast. I only had to push for maybe 10 mintues before Addilyn was born. Just like Marlayna said though, with an induction your contractions will be really strong and really close together- The few contractions I felt before my epidural were pretty intense...They just kept coming with no break in between. But the epidural came, and life was GOOD...Didn't feel a thing!

    Do what you want to do...If you feel better going into labor on your own, just tell your doctor...It's your body and your baby- Do what you feel is best for the both of you!

    The only reason I agreed to schedule an induction was because we live so far from San Angelo. It's a good 65 miles from Coleman to Angelo...I just felt better knowing Blake and I wouldn't be driving like mad people trying to make it to the hospital in time.

    Keep us posted!

    Can't wait to see your nursery pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, I obviously have no "birthing" advice for you ... but I can say that September 25th is Elizabeth's b-day!! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm...I was induced 2 of my four times. The pain is much greater, but like someone else said, epidurals are your friend. There is something magical about waiting for God's timing...if it will be safe for you both (and it sounds like it will be), I would say to wait. But, either way, HOW EXCITING!! Kylee is almost here!! I am praying for you all...wishing I could be there to celebrate with you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I obviously don't have children of my own, but i was in the room with my sister who did decide to be induced so that my niece wouldn't be born on leap day of that year. haha. it went magnificently smooth though, very little work and a healthy delivery which is the most important part as every has said. that's so exciting! no matter what, you are going to be a very blessed couple!!!! good luck & prayers with it all! :)

    ReplyDelete