Friday, August 29, 2008

CATS...

WARNING: For those of you that love cats and own many, you may not want to read this blog.

First of all, Jason and I are not big pet lovers. We don't have any pets, but I really always just thought whenever our kids are old enough to ask for one, we might get a dog or something then. But it really has always been understood they would have to go to Aunt Brianne's house to see the animals. Anyways, about a month ago this random cat shows up at the barn. And Jason fed it Apple Jacks for a while, and then finally I bought it some Meow Mix. But about a week ago, it ran off and we hadn't seen it. Well, yesterday it showed back up, and this cat had a huge belly (AKA....PREGNANT). Yeah, so I am like I don't want baby cats here. And many bad thoughts were running through my mind about this cat.

Well, little did we know it was about to have the kittens, and Jason opens the back door to put something on the grill for supper and it scares the mama cat and it runs off under my car, and Jason seems a baby kitten hanging out it's butt. So she was trying to have it on the porch. Well, we didn't want her to have it on the porch, so we shut the gate. Well, she crawls under the gate and insists she have it on the porch. So Jason goes back out there, and starts yelling trying to get it to go the barn, and he claps his hands real loud, and it scared the mama cat so bad, the BABY fell out on the grass, and the mom wouldn't come back and get it because she was so scared. Well, I am dying laughing inside, but then we start to feel bad, and Jason gets some paper towels and wraps the baby in it and takes it out to the barn were the mama cat is. And about 10 minutes later she had gotten the baby. So we think they are re-united in the barn somewhere.

Which, in the end, is a much better place for both of them. WHY couldn't she had just had the cat out there? I don't know. Anyways, we may have baby kittens to give away.

2 comments:

  1. hahah That is funny!! A great story for Friday Morning!! As soon as we can, I am going to go get our cat spayed ... not kittens for us!!

    ReplyDelete