Tuesday, October 30, 2007

What a wonderful weekend!


On Friday night, I got to see my two best friends from Phi Lamb college days. It was so much fun to catch up on everybody's lives. Phi Lamb was having a Barn Dance. Everything was decorated so cute, and of course John Wayne was there. How awesome is that. If you have already read Chelsey's blog, you already know all of this. But I absolutely love getting to see Chelsey and Jacque. I love you girls. I will post some pictures later. I think I have a few different ones from Chelsey.

On Saturday, we had our first basketball scrimmage in Coleman. I am the JV basketball coach. They don't keep score at scrimmages, but we did really well. We have our next scrimmage today in Sonora. Wish us luck. Saturday Night, the school had their Halloween Carnival. Jason and I worked the DUCK POND. It was so fun getting to see all the little kids in their Halloween costumes. Then we went to the BINGO game. The coaches have to work it. We stayed their until after midnight.



On Sunday, we went to Sunday School, and then went to the Wall Brethren Church because Jason's sister was giving a talk about the ministry she is involved in. She volunteers at the Pregnancy Help Center. It is a place that is pro-life, and do not support any types of abortions, but rather other support to carry the baby. There is a statistic that says, if a woman can see the baby, they are least likely to get an abortion. So the center now has a sonogram machine donated by the Wall Brethren church, and in just the few months Haley has been working there, they have saved 35 lives. It just gives me goosebumps when I think about it. How awesome is that. I could go, on and on, about it.

That pretty much sums up our weekend.

3 comments:

  1. YAY! A new post! See..you did it perfectly.."nothing to write about" pssshhhh..That's awesome about your sister-in-law. At my church I just signed up to hopefully start volunteering at our Pregnancy Center, so I'm really excited. Congrats on your scrimmages! Let us know what your schedule looks like this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are you getting all these cute pictures!!!!!! I need your help getting them.

    You were busy! I am so glad your team did well. You are a great coach Shy..are you really surprised?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is true. Very very true. Are you interested? You would be great on the drama team! I think they are wanting at least one a month, possibly more. It all depends on the series (this is a new thing too...very neat).

    ReplyDelete