Monday, August 10, 2015

Pirate Party

We celebrated on Saturday Night for this little guy turning 5!! I can't believe he is 5. I had the little red "5" candle laying around this week, and I kept doing a double take at it, because it just didn't look right! 

God has given me such a great love for him. So, big and so real, just can't describe it. 

I'm so glad he chose pirate party! I found his little shirt at gap, the swords and eye patches came from Amazon, and the pirate hats from the party section at Target. 


We ate burgers, fries, fruit, cupcakes, oreo balls, lemon bars, and ice cream. He requested chocolate cupcakes for his party, and then the night of, he didn't even eat one. I think he was to excited about everything else, but Maggie was very worried, saying, he didn't even eat his cupcake! Ha! 












The kids used the little red baskets and liners for their food! 



 We went on a treasure hunt, to find the treasure chest! I came up with (with lots of help from the internet) 5 clues that led the kids to the front of the house, to the backyard, to the kitchen, to the bathroom, back outside to walk the plank, and ultimately at the treasure chest! It was so cute to see them running from place to place. Thank goodness for some older girls that can read them quickly, with pirate talk and everything! ;)







Good times! The kids did lots of swimming, and riding scooters, and they played a little game of baseball as it cooled off! 


2 comments:

  1. Love the party, especially the scurvy prevention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! And I just can't believe our little guys are growing up! Wipe a tear!

    ReplyDelete