Monday, June 9, 2014

GG turns 88

My Grandmother, my Dad's Mom, GG according to the great-grandkids, had her 88th birthday party this Saturday. It was a nice time with family, and of course about 40 of her girlfriends! She loves to talk and loves a party. I think I'm a lot like her!! :)



We had a good time celebrating! Grandmother with her grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. Not all were there. 


I just love grandmother. I love the generation she came from. The generation of saying what you feel. She says what she feels to be true no matter what; rather religion, politics, if the food was crappy, or somebody she doesn't like. 

Has she offended me? Yes. Has it come across as rude? Sometimes. But, I love the freedom you have of saying what you believe on your heart to be true.

According to Ben Carson, we have lost our freedom of speech because of political correctness. 

This is so true. People are too sensitive and can't handle somebody disagreeing with them on any level, so our mouths are tied shut by what is politically correct. 

It's ok to disagree, and we find freedom when we are bold enough to politely state the truth that we feel in our hearts. 

Thanks GG for making us laugh about all the crazy things you say, and for loving on all of us unconditionally!!

No comments:

Post a Comment