Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Updated: My Broken Heart

My heart is broken for Jaxon and his leg. 


It's going to be a rough few weeks; nothing that he asked for or wanted. I think that's what hurts me, is he wasn't even doing one of his silly, crazy tricks! It was just an accident. He already wants the splint off; he pulls at it, unrolls the wrap, and cries because it itches. And, I can't blame him. On Friday, we will get the cast on. He is requesting blue!

We will survive. There are much worse things in life. 

His leg will mend a lot faster than my heart. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The medical side of it:

This is the same injury from when he fell off the golf cart on Saturday. When I took him in on Saturday, they only x-rayed the foot/ankle. At that moment, something inside of me thought there might be something wrong with his lower leg, but I didn't say anything. That motherly instinct knows best! 

His been in good spirits the whole time, but after Sunday and Monday came with no improvement with him putting weight on that leg, and then Monday night he woke up in the night crying because it was hurting him, I made up my mind to take him in Tuesday to get that lower leg x-rayed, just to give my mind ease. But, sure enough it was fractured. I started to cry when I saw it in the x-ray room. I told Jaxon I was sad for him, and he said "I don't care." Ha! He doesn't get it. 

Or maybe I should take his attitude on about this whole thing! Children are so resilient. 

It is a non-displaced spiral fracture of the left tibia, and a grassline fracture of the fibula. Words and terms I wished I never knew, but it's in his baby book, and I'm resting in the knowledge that God has had Jaxon's life planned out from before time began. Praise be to God!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry my friend! I'm sure this is one of many we all will go through in years to come! I'm so sad for Jaxon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate this for both of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no!!! So sorry!! Poor little man:(
    I think we hurt worse for them than they hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cried with you when I read this. You are such a great mama, and those kiddos are beyond blessed to have you!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete