In fact, I am so lost as what to do, I looked up colic, but it seems that colic is over by 3 months.
Question 2: Can you color that icing you make for sugar cookies? Like the homemade powdered sugar icing.
Question 3: Is it bad I know what I want Jaxon's birthday party to be in August? And Kylee's in September. :) And I like to look at party websites, sometimes ALL DAY!!
Question 4: Did anyone else have "phantom" pregnancy thoughts or flutters,after you had your baby? It happens to me......it scrares me. :)
Question 5: Did anyone have a child that wouldn't eat any kind of baby food/cereals or organic? Jaxon won't eat anything.....
Help!!!
I only know that answer to #2....YES!
ReplyDeleteoh...and i guess #3, that is how I am too. SO, we are both crazy:-)
ReplyDelete#1 - no, sorry. Mine were hard babies, but were fine as long as I held them ALL DAY. Have you read "Happiest Baby on the Block"? It's really for newborns, but might have some ideas.
ReplyDelete#2 - yes - they have coloring gel that's easier than food coloring (it's thick). Hobby Lobby has a 40% off coupon this week.
#3 - I wouldn't get too much into Kylee's bday yet. She might have ideas of her own by then.
#4 - yes, but remember you have to be like 11 - 12 wks before you feel those flutters so you'd have other signs first.
#5 - they say you might have to try a new food like 15 times before they take it. Just keep trying and make sure he's really hungry when you give it to him.
#2 yes, I color it all the time
ReplyDelete#4 yes, I also had and this...I just thought I was a wierdo and never told anyone :) I had even after Remi was 6 months old!!
I don't really have answers but I love when people actually respond to questions so that's why I'm commenting!
ReplyDelete1. So sad. Guess it's a little late for reflux or anything like that. Maybe a growth spurt??? Especially if he isn't liking "food" that much.
3. So how bout you plan Judah's birthday party for me since you have so many ideas:) I haven't even started thinking in that direction yet!
4. Flutters, huh? I've actually noticed that a few times. Wonder what it is?
5. Just keep trying. You could try letting him play in it and he might accidentally get some in his mouth and then get used to the taste. It would be messy...but it might get him used to the tastes and textures. Judah had a hard time at first. He gagged on everything but he eventually caught on!
See you soon!
Oh Shy. I will pray for you with Jaxon. It is SO hard as a Mama to have your baby cry and not be able to "fix" it!
ReplyDeleteAnd the whole pregnancy thing...YES! I remember one time, I said, the baby kicked! But it was after I had the baby already. ha!! Cam thought I was nuts.
I didn't feed mine baby food until they were like 9 months old...lol. Just go with it. I'm sure he will eat when he needs to! He is gaining weight and all that by your milk...don't stress! You are a GREAT Mama!!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI still feel a baby flutter, and I'm now sterile!!
ReplyDeleteKeep trying foods over and over, it takes a while. All my girls wanted was good momma milk, too.
I look at party websites every. single. day. I keep telling myself that someday I'll go into party planning business, though I doubt it'll ever happen. And Wendy's right, Kylee will probably want to help plan her own party. D'Laney is already planning her next one, I guess it's in her genes!
Question 1: I dunno, but my cousins little boy did the same thing. Mainly when he was tired. Or if he wasn't with his mama. Part of it was he is stubborn.
ReplyDeleteQuestion 2: Yes. You can use regular food color, or the gel.
Question 3: You love to plan things, this is like your hobby and dream...so no you're not weird.
Question 4:maybe it's gas...lol jk
Question 5:...again I dunno, maybe he just isn't ready yet.
Okay, so I know you don't know me, but I sometimes read your blog because I have a 7 month old little girl! I am not a commenter on blogs, but have been through all of this so I just had to share my answers:
ReplyDelete1. My daughter cried and cried and cried, to the point we had to get HEADPHONES and listen to music while we slept to tune her out. It worked though. From what went from hours, then went to an hour, now we're down to about 15 minutes sometimes less before she goes to sleep. So hang in there. It was about a month long torture process between months 6-7.
OH another thing that I did that worked was when I laid her down, I played this Baby Einstein that I downloaded to my phone and put it in her crib with her. It was called naptime melodies from target for $6. I would play the music every time she slept and it was very loud and right by her ear, but it would she would wake in the night and it would put her back to sleep.
#2. Yes you can add food coloring to the icing for sugar cookies. If you add a little water it will help thin it out and spread the color out more evenly (sugarbelle.blogspot.com --- great cookie blog)
#3. I spend way too much time planning Harper's June birthday. I think about it all the time. I am seriously about to start working on a name banner for it. SO as far as I am concerned this is TOTALLY normal!
#4. I am 7.5 months post pregnancy and still think everyday that I am pregnant, or have gotten pregnant again. I even went to dollar tree and bought tests just so I can verify it to myself and be at ease for a couple of days.
#5. Harper would NOT eat any rice cereal unless I mixed it with bm or apple juice. First did like 90% bm 10% rice ceral (but still fed w/a spoon) and then added more cereal each feeding. Then I switched to apple juice. I did it at full strength apple juice the first couple of times to get her used to eating it and then now I do less and less. She actually prefers it now with juice rather than bm. (if I dont have apple juice on hand I mix with apple sauce) However, I kept her on breast milk exclusively until she turned 6 months
So that's my info from a stranger :) Take it for what is worth, but all of those things just spoke to me so much I had to comment!!
Hi- I am a cousin of Bryan Neal and read your blog through Susan. Love your sweet kids. I would bet Jaxon is hungry and that #1 and #5 go together :)
ReplyDeleteI am certain the kids parties will be cute- you have great ideas.
To color icing you can also add KoolAid packet to your icing. I did this for Kenzie bday cake last year. Not sure if it will work with homemade or not.
ReplyDelete