Ten ladies from our church went to the Women of Joy Conference this past weekend in San Antonio. Besides the great fellowship with our group, the conference was GREAT!!
The Worship was awesome. Charles Billingsley was the Worship Leader. He is the Worship Leader at Thomas Road Baptist Church, which is some way connected to Liberty University in Virgina.
Sarah Palin spoke on Friday night. She was just what I thought she would be......Amazing. But as she spoke, you see her true heart, and how she tries to live out her faith despite of all the critics.
She brought a prop with her.....a National Examiner, which is a liberal paper. On the front was something about "Palin's Divorce Deal." It was funny to hear her talk about that because obviously they are NOT getting a divorce. She also talked some about Dancing with the Stars.
But the bulk of her speech was about being an overcomer. She used a passage in Nehemiah 4, and then also in Matthew 5.
On Saturday morning, we heard Liz Curtis Higgs speak. I have to say, she was INCREDIBLE!!!

She was funny, and so easy to listen too!! Great!! She wrote the pumpkin book, about how God cleans you out, and then puts a new light in you. Well, I knew about that book, but didn't put the 2 things together that this was the lady going to be at the conference. I bought this book of hers. She spoke some about Adam and Eve in the garden, and then also in Mark 5 on the woman with the flow of blood for 12 years.

I love Liz Curtis Higgs!!! Her books are great...but I didn't know about the kids ones!
ReplyDeleteI am glad y'all had fun. Looks great!!