YUP!! That's right. We made our way to the ER last night with our little Kylee Bird.
Here's the story.....
I was at mom's playing Bunco (luckily we were finished), and I had called Jason and he starts talking really fast, and says "come home right now, Kylee has some kind of rash....hurry". If you don't know Jason well, he keeps he calm and cool, and really doesn't worry about stuff like that....well, I could tell by his voice something was wrong and he was in panic. So I run out the door and get home to find her covered in welps and rash all over her body. Her face has red bites on it, and a huge welp on her check. Her neck, armpits, stomach, and in between her legs all are bright red with a rash.
We think what happened was she was on Jason's shoulders outside, and a swarm of some kind of flying ant got her, and bite her, and she never cried, just kicked her feet real hard, so jason brought her down, and immediately she was covered in these hives. So he was scared, and I got there, and we decided to go to the ER since she is so little.
By the time we get there, she already looked better, but I could still see them under her arms and in her legs, and she was rubbing her ears and face real bad, so we went ahead and got her checked out. And in only one hour we were out of there!! They said that she was just reacting to whatever bit her which made her break out in hives. Called Patyrak, and got us hooked up with a little benadryl.
We had to go fill the perscripition so after another hour we were all home and safe!!
If it would have been in the morning time, we probably would have just watched it for a while, but being it happened so late at night I was scared to put her to bed, and then something happen to her. So better to be safe!!
So watch out for flying ants!!
Glad my baby isn't the only one who gets eaten up by bugs!! So glad Kylee is okay!!
ReplyDeleteOh no! My heart dropped when I read your title! I am so glad she is okay!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that it wasn't anything to horrible. Kylee is one tough cookie!
ReplyDeletescary! Glad she is okay!
ReplyDeleteAww, poor Kylee! :( Those bugs are the worst!
ReplyDeleteGlad everything is better!! Mean ole Bugs!!
ReplyDelete