Addisyn, my niece, turned 4 today!! Really and truly I can't believe it!! Jason and I were only dating when she was born, not even married yet. He stayed up at the hospital all night with me waiting for this little girl to be born. This little girl who none of us even knew, but we all loved so much!! It is the same with any baby; how can you love that baby so much that is so tiny and helpless, that you have never even seen or met, but yet we loved her!!
She was the first for everyone; first grandbaby on both sides, first child, and for me my first taste of loving a child like she is my own.
I have been around little kids in the latter part of my life; church, coaches kids at school, family friends, all of whom you love, but something was different about this little girl. Maybe it was because it was my sisters' baby, and that meant more. Whatever it was my love went to a whole new level, seeing her. She was the first baby that I loved so much it made me cry. And she was the first baby I ever felt that way about. Now, God has given me Kylee to experience that love with. But I love those memories of seeing Addisyn born, and watching her grow into a beautiful girl!! Brianne and I catch ourselves saying, "Seriously, why did God give us such cute kids!!". I know everyone thinks their kids are the cutest, and we are no different, and of course I hope that is the way you think, because there would be a problem if you didn't think your kids were cuter than everyone elses!! Anyways, she is absolutely beautiful in my eyes, and I am blessed to get to be her aunt!!
I thank God for giving Addisyn to our family for she was the first....my first glimpse of loving a baby unconditonally!!
I wouldn't have missed your big day, today, for the world!!
how fun! Everything looks great. Sad we didn't get to come. :-(
ReplyDeletehi shyanne, I am susan's cousin via bryan and just love seeing kylee grow on your blog. went to asu, love san angelo. your post is sweet- my niece is 8 and i can totally relate. well said!
ReplyDeletehappy birthday addisyn!!!
ReplyDeleteHow can she be this big! Wasn't she just in your wedding! She is so beautiful! You are a great aunt!!
ReplyDelete