Monday, July 7, 2014

I Love America

I love America, therefore I love the 4th! We had a fantastic 4th of July. I really enjoy decking out from head-to-toe in the colors, spending time with family, everyone comes together to celebrate! Makes me smile. Makes me thankful for the founding fathers. Makes me thankful for freedom, and my grandfathers that fought their part to protect America and make it the greatest nation in the world. 

We had a great time at the parade again this year. The older kids wanted to ride their bikes this year, so Brianne and I rode on the Ranger with the 3 younger kids. 


Everyone with the decked out bikes! 




After the parade, we headed to the annual BBQ with the large extended Holik family. It's always fun to catch up while the kids dig in the sand before the washer pitchin' tournament starts. 


And to continue our traditions we went out to my Grandmother's lake house that afternoon. We swam twice, ate once, and of course stayed up real late to watch the firework show that the lake puts on! It was worth it! 


Jason left early and played a softball game with the Holik's. 



No comments:

Post a Comment