Tuesday, August 14, 2012

For the Love of Banana Bread

I love Banana Bread. Nearly as much as Donuts.  It is so good right when it comes out of the oven, with or without a little butter spread all over it.  MMMMM...... Good!!

Well, I had bananas left over from the Monkey Party, and last night I decided to make a loaf of banana bread.  This is the best recipe I have found. I have the recipe for one loaf. 

Anyways, we ate supper, and Maggie was fussy, we all decided to get the stroller out and go for a walk.  We walked down the street towards Jason's parents house.  

We decided to go check out the holes the guys have been digging to build a overhang to park the new sprayer under, and the strippers.  So, we checked the holes out.  Nothing to exciting.  

We then decided to get the double stroller from Jason's parents house that they had bought us when Maggie was born.  She is old enough now to sit up in a stroller.  We go get it, talk with them for a good 10 minutes or so. 

We start to head home.  I am pushing Maggie in the single stroller, and Jason is pushing the 2 big kids in the brand new double stroller.  

It is at this moment I realize I have my BANANA BREAD in the oven.  We have no clue what time it is; I knew it was supposed to be done at 8:05pm. 

I said, "One of us is going to have to sprint home!!"

For the love of banana bread, I took off sprinting a good quarter mile, in flip flops.  

I took it out of the oven at 8:07. PERFECT!! 

I just died laughing!! 

Because well, Jason was stuck pushing both the strollers home.  I'm sure it was a sight to see; I think he started running with them because the wheel fell off the brand new stroller!! 

Oh great, a broken stroller, all for the love of banana bread!!

3 comments: